Thursday 20 April 2017

Easter cakes - ciasta wielkanocne

I am aware that I some kind of promised you a post with Easter recipes, but this year's holidays were a bit different. We ate a lot of eggs, of course, but I prepared only 2 cakes and 0 recipes, as I wanted to give a try to the ones I found on Polish websites. Everything else was made by my mummy.

I think that this post is like a review of them, something new on the blog, but I thought it would turn out interesting. Both of them are from Polish traditional cuisine



I was searching for a translate to this one, but when I inserted it in google, it said Mazurka, so I guess there's nothing to translate. This is a combination of classical kinds. 

I sticked tightly to the instructions (let me know if you have troubles translating the original text) and the outcome was pretty good - the bottom was crunchy as it was supposed to (adding the nuts is a brilliant move, I used both kinds), and the smooth chocolate layer was contrasting with the plums' taste. The only drawback I saw was that the dough should have had bigger edges, which I actually did before putting it to the oven, but it went out totally flat. That is probably my fault, since the dough may have been outside the fridge for too long. Mine had also too much chocolate cream. I am eager to do it again, not too much work for such delicious effect (my sister ate nearly all of it by herself and she's rather choosy). 


2. Babka wielkanocna

This also hasn't got any translation. Originally they are made of yeast, but not this one. Mine is rich in cocoa powder and (as most of them) is rather compact.

I used the recipe by DecoMorreno, but without the lemon and the icing. The mass was enough to make 6 moulds of mini cakes and half of a big mould. The taste was fine, I also decorated them with powdered sugar and Philadelphia cream, but they baked huge! They literally doubled their sizes and I had to cut off their "tails" to make them look properly. I don't want to mention the one in bigger mould - looked like a mountain, how was I supposed to make it stand? Moreover, I had difficulties adding butter in the last step, but maybe it's just me. Overall, the taste was okay, but not worth that effort, there are a lot of more simple recipes and I don't know if I would do it again.


I am satisfied that I could share with you these reviews on recipes for traditional Polish Easter cakes, hope you got interested in it and will make some one day. Don't know yet how many Polish recipes I will upload soon, but the day when I will write down a few dumplings (pierogi) recipes is coming. You may like the Polish theme, as it comes straight from a Polish girl.




POLISH

Zdaję sobie sprawę, że miał pojawić się przepis na wielkanocne potrawy, jednak w te święta przygotowałam jedynie 2 ciasta i 0 przepisów, ponieważ dałam szansę internetowym przepisom, które przyciągnęły moją uwagę. Resztę potraw przyrządziła moja mama.

Myślę, że ten post jest raczej recenzją, czymś nowym na blogu, ale liczę, że okaże się interesujący.

1. Mazurek z czekoladą, śliwką, orzechami Anny Starmach

Wszystko wykonałam zgodnie z instrukcją, a ciasto wyszło naprawdę dobre - spód był odpowiednio kruchy, ale nie rozpadał się (dodanie orzechów do niego było genialnym posunięciem, ja użyłam obu rodzajów), a kremowa warstwa czekoladowa kontrastowała ze smakiem śliwek. Jedyny minus to, że ciasto powinno (przynajmniej ja chciałam) mieć wyższe końce, co uczyniłam przed włożeniem do piekarnika, a wyjęłam zupełnie płaski. Najprawdopodobniej to była moja wina zbyt długiego trzymania ciasta poza lodówką... Moje miało także nadmiar czekoladowego kremu. Jestem chętna przygotować je znowu, nie wymaga za dużo pracy, a efekt jest pyszny (moja siostra zjadła prawie cały samemu, a potrafi być wybredna).


2. Babka wielkanocna:

Użyłam przepisu od DecoMorreno, jednak bez cytryny i lukru. Ilość masy wystarczyła mi na 6 mini foremek i połowę dużej. Smak był w porządku, baby udekorowałam cukrem pudrem i kremem Philadelphia, ale sęk w tym, że urosły ogromne! Właściwie podwoiły swoją objętość, więc musiałam odcinać ich "ogony". Nie wspomnę o tej dużej - wyglądała jak góra, jak miałabym sprawić, aby ta babka stała? Ponadto miałam problem z końcowym łączeniem składników, ale może to jednorazowa sytuacja. Ostatecznie stwierdzam, że smak był dobry, jednak raczej nie wart wysiłku, jest wiele innych (prostszych) przepisów. Nie wiem, czy wykonałabym go ponownie.




No comments:

Post a Comment